No categories assigned
How to achieve Redundancy with Aximmetry?
- First and foremost we advise to use a server grade computer with hardware redundancy. (it won't protect you from software crashes)
After this you have 2 options:
- Running 2 independent Aximmetry instances with the same scene on 2 separate machines.
- If one goes down you can switch to the other one. (It won't look like nothing happened)
- It will be similar to a camera switch, but actually one camera can be used for this.
- The switch has to be done manually!
- (Whatever you modified in the scene during the show on the 1st machine won't be updated to the 2nd one.)
- HINT: A variation of this solution can be to have a separate fixed camera for the 2nd computer, so the fallout of the 1st machine will look like a camera switch.
- Running an Aximmetry Broadcast with the multi-machine feature only for controlling other instances.
- (this controlling instance should not do rendering, so the probability of freezing is unlikely on a server grade PC)
- All the other PCs are connected to their cameras, they all work in sync.
- If one "render" Aximmetry falls out, the control machine automatically switches to the next available render machine.