Software Version History
Please note that starting from version 2020.1.0 the following operating systems are no longer supported:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update) or earlier
- Windows Server 2016 or earlier
► Latest: 2020.8.1
build 18714, 12/2/2020
- Added partial Chinese translation that covers the studio operator usage of Aximmetry.
COMMON LIBRARY ADDITIONS
- Added support for screen-space reflection of billboards. Please note that this feature cannot be implemented in UE4 without artifacts, so only use it with dim or blurry reflections. For high quality results we still recommend using planar reflection.
- Advanced B keyer: replaced Despill Strength and Save Yellow properties with Despill Red/Yellow and Despill Blue/Cyan. They allow fine tuning for the more accurate keying of yellow and cyan colors.
COMMON LIBRARY DE FIXES
- Fixed that the default positon of the Free Camera was far away from the center.
- Fixed that in certain cases ray tracing generated a faulty ambient occlusion for billboards.
COMMON LIBRARY FIXES
- Advanced B keyer: fixed incorrect colorization on the edge of the hair in certain cases.
- Glassmark lens encoders can be used via their native protocol (Lonet) as well beside Free-D.
- Antilatency SDK upgraded to v2.1.0.
- Camera Tracking: for Zoom Device a PTZ system can be specified as well. In this case its Pan+Tilt information is combined into the position data of the main tracking device.
- Added Default property to all Collection * modules. It is outputted when the specified collection item is not found.
- Added Out Size and Keep In Size properties to Custom Processor module.
- Added Hide Window and Incremental Out properties to Run Process module.
- Added Force Execution module to enable forcing the execution of flow branches that are otherwise can be optimized out.
- Camera Calibrator: added standard context menu for setup properties.
DE SOFTWARE FIXES
- Unreal Editor: fixed that cooking did not parse level blueprints for Get Aximmetry * nodes if the level was renamed previously.
- Unreal Editor: fixed crash when trying to load a project with certain built-in plugins enabled.
- Unreal Editor: fixed crash on video cards that do not support DirectX 12.1 profile.
- Fixed that audio played within Unreal was muted when loaded into Aximmetry.
- Added missing sRGB to Linear conversion when using Get Aximmetry Color blueprint node.
- Fixed that specifying Default Value for a group pin in a Get Aximmetry * blueprint node had no effect.
- Fixed incorrect reinitializing of Antilatency and OpenVR system when using Manage Devices.
- Fixed crash of Antilatency when using after entering Manage Devices.
- Fixed that the measure device list was not updated in Manage Devices / Game config pages when a device was plugged/unplugged.
- Fixed crash of pipette tool of color picker in certain cases.
- Fixed that device Mode property selector dialog did not show up in certain cases.
- Fixed that Set * Pin modules behaved incorrectly if the Module or Pin properties were controlled via a connection.
- Fixed that Transmit * modules behaved incorrectly if the IntoTunnel or Subtunnel properties were controlled via a connection.
- Fixed crash of Placer Precise module when too large dimensions were specified.
- Fixed crash of Transformation Invert module when applied on a non-invertable matrix.
- Fixed that save file dialog selected a wrong folder when file name was picked from a search list.
- Camera Calibrator: fixed that Zoom Device property could not be cleared (added context menu with Reset).
- Camera Calibrator: fixed that Video Mode selector dialog did not show up.
build 18531, 11/4/2020
- Aximmetry DE upgraded to Unreal Engine version 4.25.3.
- All factory plugins of Unreal Engine is supported.
- Added support for DirectX 12 scenes and RTX features. Please note that there are a number of limitations when using Ray Tracing, see more info.
- IMPORTANT: installation layout went through major changes, it’s highly advisable to fully uninstall the previous version of Aximmetry DE and Unreal Editor for Aximmetry manually.
COMMON LIBRARY DE ADDITIONS
- Added MixedCam_Unreal*.xcomp. It enables mixed usage of virtual and tracked cameras. In order to use it please add both * Aximmetry_VirtualCam_3-Cam and Aximmetry_TrackedCam_3-Cam cameras to your Unreal scene, then make the connections for both in the Aximmetry scene.
- VirtualCam_Unreal*.xcomp: added A-B-C version.
- Improved sharpness of distant billboards by using supersampling instead of mipmapping.
COMMON LIBRARY DE FIXES
- Aximmetry_TrackedCam_AR: fixed that in certain cases degraded texture quality appeared when the AR scene was run in Aximmetry.
- *Cam*.xcomp: TAA elimination for camera switching is only activated if the camera has actually moved.
- VirtualCam: fixed aspect ratio issues when using in Live Link.
COMMON LIBRARY ADDITIONS
- VirtualCam*.xcomp: number of camera paths raised to 16 per camera.
- Added support for TrackMen camera tracking system.
- Added coordinate system calibration option for Antilatency in Manage Devices.
- Camera Calibrator: added Focus Distance parameter for each calibration point. These can be specified manually. The interpolated value of these is output on the Focus Distance pin of Camera Tracking module.
- NDI upgraded to version 4.5.3.
- Added general AUTO mode for the NDI input devices. It determines the input size as well as the frame rate automatically.
- Fixed that multiple Blackmagic cards of the same model could not be used together.
- Fixed startup issue with AJA Kona HDMI.
- Fixed that Focus data was not received correctly from Stype tracking system.
- Fixed roll negation issue when using Free-D tracking protocol.
- Fixed that Jump To Marker input of Sequencer behaved incorrectly in certain cases.
- Fixed that Combiner Block behaved incorrectly at the first activation if it was used in conjunction with InOut_Sequencer via the Current pin.
- Fixed crash when invalid video mode is specified in the Device Mapper.
- Fixed crash when invalid points were specified for OpenVR coordinate system calibration in Manage Devices.
- Fixed occassional crash of Beat Detector module at scene startup.
- Fixed that by using property copy+paste conflicting module names could be produced.
- Fixed occassional hangup when quitting Composer.
build 18388, 10/5/2020
Please note that the corresponding Unreal Editor for Aximmetry version is 2020.6.0, because it has not changed since the previous release.
- OnAir Edition is no longer available. All its feature set (Multi-GPU, Meteo, Astro) is moved into the Broadcast Edition.
- Multi-machine only requires the central machine to have a Broadcast Edition license. The satellite (slave) machines can run with lower licenses as well, with the accordingly diminished feature sets. (E.g. you can use one professional tracking system on the central machine, and fixed cameras or experimental tracking systems on the satellites.)
COMMON LIBRARY DE ADDITIONS
- VirtualCam_Unreal_*.xcomp: added Light Wrap options to the BILLBOARDS control board.
- VirtualCam_Unreal_*.xcomp: added Allow Virtuals option to the CAMERA & RENDER SETUP panel. When it is ON, Unreal renders the billboards, virtual lighting is possible. When it is OFF, billboards are composited on the background on Aximmetry side, thus providing a camera image free from any processing. Virtual lighting is not possible, but shadow and reflection still work.
- NOTE that in order to use either Light Wrap or the Allow Virtuals = OFF mode you have to use the latest Aximmetry_Camera Unreal assets and have to made a connection for B Mask pins between the VirtualCam and the Unreal scene modules.
- TrackedCam_Unreal_*.xcomp: CHANGE: BA, BA, BC Mask pins have been replaced by a single B Mask. You have to reconnect the pin in order to use the billboard modes.
- *Cam*.xcomp: eliminated the harsh effect caused by motion blur or TAA when changing camera or camera path.
COMMON LIBRARY ADDITIONS
- TrackedCam_*.xcomp: added Zoom Device and the corresponding Zoom Delay properties to all INPUT panels to enable receiving zoom + focus encoder data from a separate tracking system.
- VirtualCam_*.xcomp: removed the Mipmaps option for billboards. Instead a supersampling is used to reduce flickering while maintaining the sharpness of the talent.
- Advanced B keyer: allowed twice as deep Edge Color Correction to better suite 4K inputs.
- Advanced B keyer: added Gamma property to help eliminating the halo on very bright or very dark background.
- Clean Plate Generator: replaced Freeze operation with Capture which saves the clean plate into an image file thus providing permanent storage for it.
- Clean Plate Generator: added Pure option which enables taking a simple snapshot without any processing. Use this option if you can provide a clean green background without any object placed in front of it. In this case you do not have to adjust any other parameter.
- Added NDI_Channel_Out.xcomp. It can be used instead of Video Device Out module when a custom NDI channel output is needed without defining one in Manage Devices.
COMMON LIBRARY FIXES
- Fixed that Shrink function of Advanced B keyer also cut on the edges of the screen.
- Added support for Vanishing Point Viper lens encoder system.
- Glassmark lens encoder system is supported via the Free-D protocol. Use LONET Server v1.5.0 or higher.
- Added Zoom Device and the corresponding Zoom Delay properties to Camera Tracking module to enable receiving zoom + focus encoder data from a separate tracking system.
- NDI input handling simplified. NDI inputs do not have to be predefined at Startup, all device selector lists (e.g. Device properties of modules and Device Mapper) are updated continuously with the newly discovered NDI channels.
- ArtNet output handling simplified. ArtNet outputs do not have to be predefined at Startup, all device selector lists (e.g. Device properties of modules and Device Mapper) are updated continuously with the newly discovered ArtNet nodes.
- For USB devices all device selector lists (e.g. Device properties of modules and Device Mapper) are updated continuously. For e.g. a MIDI USB interface can be connected and disconnected at any time, it will be immediately reflected in Aximmetry.
- Manage Devices option is available after starting Composer as well, from the Edit menu. Devices can be added/removed, streaming device quality can be adjusted without restarting Composer (the latter needs stopping and restarting streaming though).
- Added BGRA and ARGB pixel format options to Blackmagic video input.
- Added Path Convert module to enable transforming file paths from project to absolute format or back.
- Added Path Split module to enable splitting file paths into components.
- Added Path Unique module to enable generating a unique filename within the current project or an arbitrary folder.
- Added Delete Files module. It can delete a single file or a list of them, e.g. a list coming from a Find Files module.
- Added Set Text Pin module.
- GPU load is displayed independently for each GPU in multi-GPU mode.
- Added protection against NDI input disconnection due to a network error.
- Fixed that Blackmagic ATEM Mini was not recognised.
- Fixed that AJA HDMI slots were not recognised.
- Fixed that Blackmagic HDMI inputs could not be used to capture another PC’s video output. Please use the newly added ARGB mode in these cases.
- Replaced DirectShow with Media Foundation to overcome various webcam issues. For compatibility reasons devices are still designated as “DirectShow:”. You can use the /dshowlegacy command line switch to use the old system in the case you experience issues.
- Fixed that Camera Tracking module did not keep the last tracking position if the input was interrupted.
- Fixed that an error message was incorrectly displayed when an UDP device was closed.
- Fixed crash when changing array size of a compound in certain cases.
- Fixed flickering of the output when multi-GPU was used with progressive mode.
- Fixed issues when multi-GPU was used with more than 2 GPUs.
- Fixed crash of Video Device Out module when deactivating.
- Fixed crash of Video Device Out module when changing frame size.
- Fixed crash when sending a non-2-channel audio to a streaming output.
- Fixed crash in certain cases when input audio was incorrect.
- Fixed crash at startup when one of the project root folders is on an unreachable drive.
- Fixed that index numbers could not be removed from the end of the module names.
build 18262, 8/28/2020
- Broadcast DE Edition is available.
- Aximmetry HTTP command interface is available from the Professional Edition.
- HTTP Request module (access of RSS feeds, images and any XML/JSON data content on the web) is available from the Professional Edition.
- Added support for dongle-based licensing.
COMMON LIBRARY DE ADDITIONS
- Added TrackedCam_AR_Unreal_Prev_3-Cam compound to enable creating Augmented Reality scenes with Unreal. Also added the corresponding Unreal asset Aximmetry_TrackedCam_AR. It contains a camera and two objects for placing reflection and shadow catchers into the scene. See Using Tracked Cameras with an Unreal Scene.
- TrackedCam_Unreal_*.xcomp: added mode Use Billboards = ON + Allow Virtuals = OFF. In this mode Unreal does not render the billboard, it is added in a post phase thus retaining its 100% original quality. This mode also allows using Light Wrap. See Using Tracked Cameras with an Unreal Scene.
- TrackedCam_*.xcomp: added Lock To Camera option to BILLBOARD panels which makes the initial placement of the billboards easier. When it is ON the billboard is always in front of the camera in a specified distance. See further info.
- TrackedCam_*.xcomp: added Manual Lens Dist * pins to enable using lens distortion data originated from an external source in Manual Lens mode.
- *Cam_*.xcomp: added No Input Image property to INPUT panels to enable using a custom image/video in the case of no input is received.
- Added Headers property to HTTP Request module to enable specifying additional custom headers for the request. Also added a Headers pin to URL Compose module to enable constructing headers from a collection.
- Added No Input Image property to Video Input module to enable using a custom image/video in the case of no input is received.
- Added Set * Pin modules to enable changing a specific module’s property value programmatically.
- Added Manual Lens Dist pin to Camera Tracking module to enable using lens distortion data originated from an external source in Manual Lens mode.
- Added V-Gamut / V-Log color space.
- Fixed crash when invalid mode was specified for NDI devices.
- Fixed crash when invalid tracking information was received from Antilatency.
- Fixed crash when moving/sizing the main window when the window is larger than the screen.
- Fixed crash when spinning a numeric property editor with the mouse and Escape is pressed twice.
- Fixed crash in rare cases when moving a dock panel.
- Fixed that Composer could not be started if it did not manage to get folder icons from the operating system.
- Fixed module/pin autonumbering behaviour when a name with index 1 already existed.
- Fixed that the currently edited compound was not marked with bold in File Browser.